General bookings open Oct. 28, 2021, for immersive two-night vacation experience inviting Walt Disney World Resort guests to live their own Star Wars adventures in an entirely new way
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. (Sept. 30, 2021) – The inaugural voyage of Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser at Walt Disney World Resort will depart March 1, 2022. General bookings for this first-of-its-kind immersive adventure in a galaxy far, far away open Oct. 28, 2021. Some Disney and Star Wars fans, including Disney Vacation Club members, Disney Passholders and Disney Visa Cardmembers, will receive special booking opportunities ahead of the general booking date.
Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser is a vacation experience going beyond anything Disney has created before, inviting guests to become the heroes of their own stories during a two-night adventure where they see, feel and live Star Wars. They will travel the galaxy in style aboard the glamorous Halcyon starcruiser, known for its impeccable service and exotic destinations. They will stay in well-appointed cabins, experience exquisite dining and out-of-this-world entertainment, visit Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and much more.
Throughout the voyage, guests’ choices will determine their personal adventures as they interact with characters, crew and other passengers they meet and become part of the action and the broader Star Wars saga. Decisions guests make will affect how their individual stories unfold as they seize control of their destinies – and potentially impact the fate of the galaxy.
From Walt Disney World Resort to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- The adventure begins when guests arrive at the Galactic Starcruiser Terminal at Walt Disney World and check in for their two-night experience.
- Guests will enter a Launch Pod to begin their Star Wars Through viewports, they’ll see themselves leave their world behind as they jump to hyperspace and draw closer and closer to the magnificent Halcyon starcruiser.
- When the Launch Pod docks with the starcruiser and the airlock opens, guests will step into the ship’s main deck Atrium to begin their journey through a galaxy far, far away.
An Immersive Experience
- A visit aboard the Halcyon starcruiser plunges guests into a multi-day, interactive story that interweaves with members of the crew, other passengers, droids and familiar Star Wars characters such as Rey, Chewbacca and Kylo Ren. Guests may encounter the starcruiser’s strong and charismatic captain, the ship’s plucky mechanic, or heroes of the Resistance, among others, as they choose alliances and chart their courses.
- The immersive experience features enthralling onboard activities, such as:
- Learning the ancient ways of the lightsaber and facing off against a training remote, where guests may discover their own connection with the Force.
- Visiting the starcruiser’s Bridge to learn about its systems and how to operate them, including a chance to try out the ship’s weapons and defense systems – skills that may come in handy during a journey through this adventure-filled galaxy.
- Guests will find refreshment each day in an enticing supper club known as the Crown of Corellia Dining Room. This bright and welcoming hall will offer breakfast and lunch to passengers before transitioning each evening into a lavish multi-course menu of both otherworldly and familiar origins.
- One night’s dinner will feature a live performance from a galactic superstar who can captivate an entire room with the crook of her jewel-encrusted purple Twi’lek finger.
- Stories will continue to play out during a visit to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, where guests may experience the land in a new way. They will take special transports from the starcruiser to Black Spire Outpost for their planetside excursion to Batuu, and actions they take while on the planet may then have ramifications when they return to the ship, helping determine how their stories play out.
Fun Facts – Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser
- Each viewport in the Halcyon starcruiser – including those in each cabin – has a view of the galaxy beyond, featuring ever-changing vistas as the ship progresses from destination to destination.
- Guests will be able to explore the starcruiser and perhaps discover hidden spaces deep in the mechanics of the ship – perfect for uncovering secrets … or holding clandestine meetings.
- The Crown of Corellia Dining Room is named for Corellia, the planet known galaxy-wide for the shipyards that created not only the Halcyon starcruiser, but also the famed Millennium Falcon.
For more information and to register for updates, visit www.starwarsgalacticstarcruiser.com.
View on WDWNews.com.