Tiana’s Palace Restaurant at Disneyland Park Fact Sheet
ANAHEIM, Calif. – Just as Tiana transformed an old sugar mill into her dream restaurant in the Walt Disney Animation Studios film, “The Princess and the Frog,” the French Market restaurant in New Orleans Square at Disneyland Park has been reimagined into Tiana’s Palace. Opening Sept. 7, 2023, the quick-service style restaurant located on Orleans Street offers New Orleans-inspired dishes for lunch and dinner.
Guests can plan ahead and mobile order food and beverages from this location using the Disneyland app.* Tiana’s Palace is not a character dining location, but guests may find Tiana around New Orleans Square throughout the day.
The stories of Princess Tiana also extend to the New Orleans Square shop, Eudora’s Chic Boutique Featuring Tiana’s Gourmet Secrets. Tiana and her talented dressmaker mother, Eudora, opened this little shop of Crescent City housewares, decorations, apparel and more. In 2024, the next chapter in Tiana’s story will unfold when the new attraction, Tiana’s Bayou Adventure, opens at Disneyland Park.
Cast member quotes
Kim Irvine, Executive Creative Director at Walt Disney Imagineering
- “Just as the Disney Animation team did for ‘The Princess and the Frog,’ our Imagineering team put in a tremendous amount of research to help create Tiana’s Palace in the true, authentic spirit of New Orleans. This restaurant is filled with the festive beauty and charm of Tiana’s dream restaurant in the movie and is meant to be a gathering place for family and friends to enjoy delicious meals, just as Tiana and her father James dreamed of.”
Chef John State, Culinary Director of Food and Beverage at Disneyland Resort
- “When developing the menu for Tiana’s Palace, the Disneyland Resort culinary team took inspiration from Tiana’s lifelong dream to open up her own restaurant serving beignets and gumbo. We made every effort, through research and our team’s collective years of global culinary experience, to represent the flavors of New Orleans through dishes that we imagined Tiana would serve, sourcing local ingredients from the area where possible.”
Reminiscent of the Crescent City
- Below the lit marquee that reads “Tiana’s Palace” hanging above a metallic gold balcony, is an emerald green wrought iron railing and awnings dyed in yellow and green, reminiscent of Tiana’s beautiful formal ball gown. Guests will sit at yellow tabletops, on warm vanilla-colored chairs with green seats, in the shade of yellow and green umbrellas.
- The restaurant takes inspiration from the film for the interior, which includes a large mural of the bayou. Other references to Tiana’s story include lilies represented on numerous signs, plaques and light fixtures, frog porcelains, cookbooks Tiana has collected on little shelves, and her father’s favorite gumbo spoon proudly on display.
- Next to Tiana’s Palace, the Mint Julep Bar offers the fan-favorite Mickey Mouse-shaped beignets and refreshing Mint Julep drink (nonalcoholic).
Must-try menu items at Tiana’s Palace
The menu at Tiana’s Palace is inspired by New Orleans classics, reimagining current favorites offered in the location with rotating, seasonal flavors, and using select ingredients sourced directly from Louisiana when possible:
- House-filled beignet – featuring lemon ice box pie filling, topped with lemon glaze
- 7 Greens Gumbo (plant-based) – white beans, okra, yams, sweet potatoes and heirloom rice
- Gulf shrimp and grits – simmered in Creole sauce with cheesy grits
- Joffrey’s Coffee® chicory cold brew – cold brew coffee topped with sweet cream
Entertainment, experiences, and offerings may be modified, limited in availability or unavailable, and are subject to restrictions, and change or cancellation without notice. Both valid Theme Park reservation and admission for the same Park on the same day are required for Park entry. Park reservations are limited, subject to availability and not guaranteed. Park admission and offerings are not guaranteed. Visit Disneyland.com/updates for important information to know before visiting the Disneyland Resort.
*Message, data and roaming rates may apply for the use of the Disneyland app and Play Disney Parks app. Availability subject to handset limitations and features may vary by handset or service provider. Coverage and app stores not available everywhere. If you’re under 18, get your parents’ permission first.