CELEBRATION, Fla. — Disney Cruise Line revolutionized the cruise industry with elaborately themed youth areas where a generous sprinkling of pixie dust and beloved Disney characters combine to lead children into their favorite Disney stories. On board the Disney Magic, there is nearly an entire deck of spaces designed to inspire, entertain and spark the imagination of children.
Disney’s Oceaneer Club
Disney’s Oceaneer Club, open to 3-to-12-year-old children, transports kids to the magical lands of Disney fairies, courageous Super Heroes, adventuresome toys, undersea exploration and Force-filled characters that are out of this world.
- In the Marvel Super Hero Academy, kids learn the heroic values of enlightenment, worthiness and loyalty from real-life Super Heroes.
- In the vibrantly colored Andy’s Room, the world of the Disney•Pixar “Toy Story” films comes to life. Kids experience the feeling of being toy-sized as they play among larger-than-life characters from the animated film.
- In Pixie Hollow, children are transported to the enchanted land inhabited by Tinker Bell and her fairy friends. Here, kids can play dress-up, work on individual craft projects, use kid-friendly computers and listen to stories.
- Children can enter the worlds of their favorite Disney Junior pals with games, character fun and more.
Disney’s Oceaneer Lab
Disney’s Oceaneer Lab takes 3-to-12-year-old children on a journey of discovery and exploration.
- Animator’s Studio: Children can create original hand-drawn art and learn to sketch their favorite Disney pals.
- Craft Studio: In the Craft Studio, kids can unplug from technology and make their own creation at this hands-on arts-and-crafts studio.
- Captain’s Workshop: Children can kick back, watch Disney movies and play video games amidst pirate-y props in this spacious play area which also hosts numerous activities throughout the day.
- The Wheelhouse: Youth can hunt for lost treasure and steer their ship through the mysterious Caribbean Sea in a multiplayer game exclusive to Disney Cruise Line.
It’s A Small World Nursery
In the It’s a Small World Nursery, infants and toddlers up to age 3 enter a whimsical world inspired by the classic Disney theme park attraction and original artwork by Disney Legend Mary Blair. The theme’s signature fanciful style in a patchwork of pastel colors creates an inviting and comforting space for little ones.
Upon entering the nursery, parents and children can meet and interact with counselors in a welcoming environment. Parents wishing to check on their children, without disturbing them, can glimpse into the nursery’s main play area through a one-way window.
In the nursery’s main play area, children are welcomed by cheerful, three-dimensional façades resembling the nursery’s namesake Disney attraction. Interactive, hands-on features, such as horns that honk, wheels that spin and buttons to press, are sure to delight curious kids. A boat in the center of the room “floats” on a river pattern along the soft-surface floor and is surrounded by colorful, kid-sized tables and chairs for toddlers to enjoy crafts, books and games.
At the back of the nursery, a separate room with a serene motif and a calm, quiet atmosphere is reserved for naptime.
Edge and Vibe
Catering to this basic fact of family-vacation life, the Disney Magic provides ultra-cool plush pads exclusively for teens and tweens who want a little independence. These trendy and tranquil areas offer an elite getaway for teens and tweens to set their own vacation agenda, whether socializing with new friends, playing the latest video games, experiencing cutting-edge technology or just chilling out.
Tweens ages 11 to 14 can kick back and hang out in an inviting lounge – designed to look like an old boiler room – with flat-screen TVs, multiple gaming systems and a dance floor. A basement-inspired feel lets tweens feel instantly at home as they enjoy both free-form and structured activities with kids their own age, from impromptu karaoke sessions and tween dance parties to special themed nights.
Teens rule in their own exclusive club aboard the Disney Magic with Vibe, an open-plan lounge located in the iconic red forward funnel of the ship.
Vibe invites teens to unwind at an urban, loft-inspired haven where stylish industrial elements merge with music, gaming and all the latest trends. Amid brick, concrete and technical architectural flourishes, teens can sip on a flavorful coffee or smoothie, play the latest tunes and socialize with kids their own age during fun video and virtual-reality game sessions.
Chill Spa for Teens
Guests ages 13 to 17 have the coolest spot on the ship to “chillax”: Chill Spa. Located inside Senses Spa & Salon on Deck 9, Chill Spa includes two treatment rooms with showers where teens can stress less and chill out with spa treatments designed just for them.
Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
At Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, aspiring young princess and knights become Disney royalty with the help of a fairy godmother-in-training. When the pirate deck party is on the evening schedule, the space transforms into The Pirate League, where young sailors can unleash their inner buccaneer with a piratical makeover.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact a travel agent.