Expertly designed, lavishly appointed staterooms and suites infused with Disney fairytales invites guests to their homes away from home on the high seas
CELEBRATION, Fla. – With a new look and feel steeped in enchantment and inspired by dreamy Disney stories, every stateroom on the Disney Wish is a luxurious, peaceful retreat designed with families in mind. Each stateroom features beautiful, custom-made artwork depicting beloved Disney fairytales created especially for the Disney Wish.
“With our signature attention to detail, Disney Cruise Line staterooms have always set the standard for family cruise travel,” said Claire Weiss, creative director, Walt Disney Imagineering. “All of our ships offer spacious, comfortable and functional rooms that uniquely meet the needs of families. On the Disney Wish, we are elevating this approach with a new level of storytelling and artful design infused with the theme of enchantment that brings to life cherished Disney fairytales.”
A New Twist on Bedtime Stories
New for the Disney Wish, Walt Disney Imagineers have imbued every stateroom with the soft, dreamlike worlds and restful imagery of enchanted Disney fairytales through glittering gold-leafed headboard murals and framed pieces commissioned exclusively for the Disney Wish.
In line with the ship’s overall design motif of enchantment, stateroom artwork represents classic and contemporary Disney stories showcasing the essence of wish fulfillment and dreams come true, such as Cinderella—whose maxim “a dream is a wish your heart makes when you’re fast asleep” is particularly fitting.
Every detail tells a story on the Disney Wish, from pixie-dusted furnishings to delicate linen embroidery inspired by the fleet’s signature golden filigree. This even extends into the corridors, where exquisite decoration serves the greater purpose of wayfinding; richly themed carpeting, softly colored accent walls, magical lighting and distinctive adornments provide guests with intuitive yet artful cues to explore their home away from home.
Dreamy Details and Wish-Upon-a-Star Features
Every stateroom aboard the Disney Wish provides ample room for families, plenty of storage space and upscale amenities. Most of the ship’s 1,254 staterooms offer an ocean view — including 877 (70%) with a spacious verandah — and 451 connecting doors between staterooms to accommodate larger families. Some connecting staterooms have a partition between verandahs that may be opened to create a bigger, shared balcony.
- Most staterooms feature Disney Cruise Line’s signature split-bathroom concept, with a sink and shower in one room and a sink and toilet in a separate room. All include a bathtub — perfect for giving children a bath.
- Enhanced storage options, roomy closets and elevated bed frames with generous under-bed space provide plenty of places to store suitcases and other bulky items essential to family travel.
- Little ones delight in a secret starfield hidden above pull-down beds, with original artwork revealing a constellation of Fairy Godmother overhead.
- Other exceptional amenities and highlights include a 43-inch TV, USB and USB-C ports, large vanity, mini- drawer refrigerator, full-length mirror, mini-safe, hair dryer, privacy divider, queen and pull-out sofa beds, deluxe toiletries, plush robes, and lavish bed linens and duvets.
Concierge Staterooms, Suites and Service
The Disney Wish elevates the concierge experience with 76 concierge staterooms and suites — more than double the number available on other Disney ships.
- Accommodating up to five guests, these rooms feature spacious living areas, king beds, luxurious finishes and premium amenities. Most include a generous private verandah, and have been designed with the rich color palette and distinctive iconography of Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Tangled.”
- One-bedroom concierge suites feature a separate living room, walk-in closets, two 43-inch TVs and two bathrooms (including a master bathroom with rain shower, bathtub and double vanity).
- Seven exclusive oceanview rooms are Disney’s first staterooms located above the bridge. These staterooms offer extended living areas with breathtaking views of the ocean through floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the bow.
The Disney Wish also debuts four royal suites celebrating the gilded world of Disney Animation’s “Sleeping Beauty,” with two Princess Aurora Royal Suites and two Briar Rose Royal Suites. Each pair includes a single-floor option and a two-story configuration, the first of their kind for the Disney fleet.
- Royal suites feature extravagant details, upscale furnishings and first-class amenities, including an extensive living area, open dining salon, sizeable pantry and private hot tub on the oversized verandah.
- Every suite has two master bedrooms — each with its own opulent bathroom featuring a double vanity and either a rain shower or bathtub — as well as a double sleeper sofa in the living room and a third bathroom with a shower.
- The two-story royal suites boast floor-to-ceiling windows and stunning statement pieces, including an elegant spiral staircase and a spectacular two deck-high bespoke stained-glass frieze.
All concierge guests receive a premium level of dedicated service and access to exclusive areas and amenities throughout their voyage. The Concierge Lounge is more than triple the size from previous Disney ships, offering a full bar, delicious light bites, special kids’ area and an outdoor terrace with incredible views. From the lounge, concierge guests have access to a private sun deck with two whirlpools, a wading pool, a bar, lush lounge furniture and the superlative service of a pool deck host.
The Disney Wish is also home to a first-of-its-kind accommodation set high in the forward funnel of the ship, the Wish Tower Suite. This 1,966-square-foot penthouse in the sky accommodates eight guests and features an elegant design inspired by Disney Animation’s “Moana,” incomparable ocean views and premium Disney service.
Maiden Voyage and Inaugural Season
The Disney Wish sails its maiden voyage on July 14, 2022, followed by a season of three- and four-night cruises to the Nassau, Bahamas, and Disney’s private island, Castaway Cay, from Port Canaveral, Florida.
To learn more about Disney Cruise Line or to book a vacation, guests can visit disneycruise.com, call Disney Cruise Line at 888-325-2500 or contact their travel agent.