This week, Circle Media Inc. launched Circle with Disney, a device that reimagines how families use the Internet. Managed through a companion iOS app, Circle with Disney is a tool that helps parents stay informed about their kids’ online activities and limit screen time on every device in the home, including smart phones, tablets, computers, and gaming consoles. Circle with Disney pairs with home Wi-Fi and gives parents the ability to filter content, set a bedtime for devices, and even completely pause the Internet. Each user’s profile and settings can be completely customized based on age and parents’ preferences.
Additionally, through a licensing collaboration with Disney, Circle also provides families with Disney entertainment that parents trust and children love. Circle with Disney will deliver a curated selection of Disney content including videos, blogs, gifs, emojis, music, games, characters and lots more through a unique experience called MyCircle.
“Increasingly, kids are interacting with Disney stories and characters across mobile and online devices, and Circle with Disney gives parents the tools to manage those experiences,” said Kyle Laughlin, SVP, Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Labs. “As the leading producer of kids content, Disney is committed to helping parents find the digital lifestyle that works for their home, and Circle with Disney makes that possible.”
Key features of Circle with Disney include:
- TIME LIMITS: Families can set daily Time Limits on any app or content category they want. With Time Limits, families can customize how much time their kids spend on each platform and set a total online time for the day.
- FILTER: Families can set individual filter levels for each family member. Circle with Disney has four preset age-levels and allows for further customization by platform, app, website, and content category. Families can choose a filter that matches each user’s age and interests, filtering out inappropriate content.
- INSIGHTS: Families can stay informed about where their kids spend their online time―by platform, category and website. Circle with Disney allows families to see a member’s total time spent online and the sites visited.
- PAUSE THE INTERNET: With the press of a button, families can pause the Internet, disabling access to a specific device, individual, or the entire home.
- BEDTIME™: Families can create a BedTime™ for each family member and their devices. Simply set a sleep time, when the devices will disconnect from the Internet, and an awake time, for the morning when the devices will reconnect.
- GUEST DEVICES: Circle with Disney recognizes when a guest joins the home’s Wi-Fi and can apply a family’s home settings to visitors’ devices.
- BLOCK ADS: Circle with Disney can block ads for any user’s devices.
- EVERY DEVICE: Circle with Disney knows every single device connected to a family’s network (smart phones, tablets, computers, gaming consoles) and gives families the ability to manage each.
Circle with Disney is available now for $99 from meetcircle.com, and will be available soon from DisneyStore.com/circle. The Circle app can be downloaded for FREE from the Apple App Store.
For mobile devices, Circle Media Inc. has created Circle Go, a companion subscription that covers all iOS devices when they are outside the home, including use on 4G LTE. Circle with Disney Go delivers the same key features of Circle, but now for your family on the go. Circle Go will be available in early 2016.