Marvel, one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, today released Guardians of the Galaxy: The Universal Weapon for Apple iPhone®, iPad® and iPod touch®, AndroidTM and Windows Phone Devices. With a completely original storyline inspired by the film in theaters August 1st, Guardians of the Galaxy: The Universal Weapon is a sci-fi action role-playing game that takes the Guardians and their allies on an intergalactic adventure to recover the five pieces of The Universal Weapon!
Players will initially take on the role of Star-Lord as he rallies his rag-tag crew—Rocket, a gun-toting raccoon with a quick draw and an even quicker temper; Groot, the tree-like humanoid who packs a punch; the deadly and enigmatic assassin, Gamora; and the revenge-driven Drax the Destroyer through galactic locations and real-time strategic combat. Marvel fans will recruit and train additional heroes, engage in gesture-based team combat, and unlock each piece of the story to unveil the identity of the Guardians’ shadowy nemesis.
In Guardians of the Galaxy: The Universal Weapon players will be able to:
- Build a team of Guardians and their allies while directing them in gesture-based real-time battles
- Go head to head with a roster of villains like Korath, Nebula, and Ronan
- Unlock an original story inspired by the film and reveal the identity of the Guardians’ shadowy nemesis
- Dive into 6 inter-galactic worlds with more than 60 unique levels at launch
- Play through the story in Battle Mode then switch up their team for battle in Arena Mode
Players can start building their galactic adventure by downloading the game for $4.99 from the Apple App Store, Google Play Store, and Windows Phone Store and for $7.99 on the Windows Store. The game will be launching on the Amazon App Store soon.