Robust new product line celebrates the brave and adventurous crown princess from Disney Channel’s upcoming TV Series
Actress Jenna Ortega unveils Elena of Avalor-inspired window display at Disney Store Chicago
GLENDALE, Calif. (June 22, 2016) — Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) today announced a new product line inspired by Disney Channel’s highly-anticipated animated TV series Elena of Avalor, which debuts Friday, July 22. The assortment includes fashion dolls, costumes, dress up accessories, apparel, books, backpacks and home décor that take inspiration from the adventurous and brave new princess and her kingdom of Avalor, a fairytale land inspired by Latin and Hispanic cultures and folklore.
“Elena is a courageous new character that we can’t wait for fans to meet,” said Josh Silverman, executive vice president, global licensing, Disney Consumer Products & Interactive Media. “Disney Store and our licensees have done an amazing job bringing this empowering teenage princess and the land of Avalor to life with musical elements and special design details integrated across the product line, which celebrates the diverse cultures and folklore featured in the series.”
Products are available now at Disney Store. Additional items will be available at mass retailers starting in July and rolling out through August from licensees including Hasbro, Jakks, Amscan, Disguise, Studio Fun, Bendon, Phoenix International Publications, Inc, Franco Manufacturing and Children’s Apparel Network.
The Disney Store Michigan Ave. location in Chicago commemorated the launch of Elena of Avalor products in store by creating a custom window display with art from the series. Actress Jenna Ortega, who voices Elena’s younger sister, Isabel, and stars on Disney Channel’s Stuck in the Middle, was on hand today to unveil the new design to a crowd of excited fans.
Highlights from the new product line include:
- Elena of Avalor My Time Singing Doll by Hasbro ($24.99): Kids can sing along with Elena of Avalor as she embarks on magical adventures! Press Elena of Avalor’s gem necklace to hear her sing “My Time,” a powerful song featured in the series. The doll’s articulated arms will allow her to hold the included guitar as she sings this magical song!
- Elena of Avalor Adventure Dress by JAKKS Pacific ($19.99): Elena’s iconic red dress is adorned with floral print details and comes with a sewn-in elastic belt and cameo belt buckle.
- Elena of Avalor Storytime Guitar by JAKKS Pacific ($29.99): Elena’s iconic guitar is personalized with her signature and features three modes of play: Strum along with real working strings, play three songs or sing along with Elena with the guitar remembering where you left off.
- Elena of Avalor Scepter with Lights and Sounds by Disney Store ($19.99): Elena’s enchanted scepter casts a spell with lights and sounds when you press the bejeweled handle, or select a second mode for automated motion activation.
- Elena of Avalor Classic Doll by Disney Store ($16.95): Escape to fun and fantasy with our Elena of Avalor Classic Doll. Featuring poseable arms and legs, our finely detailed heroine dressed in flamboyant ruffled costume makes every playdate an adventure.
- Elena of Avalor Apparel Collection by Jumping Beans ($10-$30; exclusively at Kohl’s): Kohl’s offers a variety of apparel including dresses, tunics and scooter sets with beautiful Elena-inspired prints.
- Elena of Avalor Backpack and Lunch tote by Disney Store ($22.95, $14.95; items sold separately): Perfect for school and adventures galore, Elena’s insulated lunch tote and personalizable backpack keeps your little one equipped with essentials and more.
- Elena and the Secret of Avalor Book ($15.99): This hardcover picture book tells the story of Princess Elena from the kingdom of Avalor who has been magically trapped inside an enchanted amulet, waiting for another princess to set her free.
About “Elena of Avalor”
Elena of Avalor is an animated series that follows the story of Elena, a brave and adventurous teenager who saves her kingdom from an evil sorceress and must now learn to rule as crown princess until she is old enough to be queen. Set in Avalor, an enchanted fairytale kingdom inspired by diverse Latin cultures and folklore, Elena’s journey will lead her to understand that her new role requires thoughtfulness, resilience and compassion, the traits of all truly great leaders.
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises two main lines of business: Disney Consumer Products (DCP), and Disney Interactive (DI). The combined segment is home to world class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.