Glendale, Calif. (April 20, 2015) —With less than one month until the highly anticipated Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron arriving in theaters, Disney Consumer Products (DCP) and Marvel have an exciting and innovative merchandise program hitting retailers now. The cross-category collection includes products from Hasbro, LEGO, Hot Wheels, Her Universe, Under Armour, Mad Engine, Jay Franco, Funko, Rubie’s Costumes, Little, Brown Books for Young Readers and Disney Store, which leverages the core characters’ unique individual attributes while expanding on the action-packed storytelling from the film. From interactive electronic action figures with voice-activation and motorized 6V ride-on Super cars that drive 5 MPH, to articulated light-up repulsor FX gloves and a disk-launching shield, fans can power up like their favorite Avenger in more ways than one. The film is also supported by multiple comic titles published by Marvel and a publishing program from Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) that features story books, junior novels, leveled readers, and e-books.
As fans are anxious for new Marvel films and related products earlier than ever before, Marvel has introduced “Avengers Hero Up,” a first-of-its-kind pre-awareness campaign for Marvel’sAvengers: Age of Ultron. This campaign, running through the end of April 2015, leverages the new dedicated Avengers site on MarvelKids.com to introduce a kid-targeted video each week. Current videos include sneak peeks at the Marvel’s Avengers Assemble animated series, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes shorts, and behind the scenes of new merchandise from Hasbro, Hot Wheels, Mad Engine and Funko. Digital and social media activations across Marvel Studios, Marvel Animation and Disney XD, as well as licensees and retailers, will continue to support the initiative through the film release.
In addition to the variety of Avengers products hitting Walmart store shelves this month, Marvel and Walmart have joined forces to launch an exclusive mobile application – the Super Heroes Assemble app. The free app is available now through the Apple App or Google Play stores. The free app will be available through the Apple App or Google Play stores beginning later this month. Through the app, and timed to the theatrical movie release, Walmart customers will be able to interact with Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron signage throughout stores to unlock exclusive content such as character assets for Avengers fans to gear up digitally and 3D photo opps. Other features will include access to behind-the-scenes footage, cast interviews and character pages and more.
“The multi-faceted campaign behind Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron will set a precedence for the way in which fans connect with our franchise,” said Paul Gitter, Senior Vice President of Licensing for Marvel at Disney Consumer Products. “The extensive activations across digital platforms and at retail, introduce the characters, storylines and merchandise in a compelling, organic way that appeals to Marvel fans young and old.”
Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron is the epic follow-up to the biggest Super Hero movie of all time. When Tony Stark tries to jumpstart a dormant peacekeeping program, things go awry and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes, including Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye, are put to the ultimate test as the fate of the planet hangs in the balance. As the villainous Ultron emerges, it is up to the Avengers to stop him from enacting his terrible plans, and soon uneasy alliances and unexpected action pave the way for an epic and unique global adventure.
Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron products are available now at national retailers, specialty stores, and Marvel.com. In addition to the collection of product available at DisneyStore.com and Disney Store locations nationwide, DisneyStore.com has launched an updated “Personalization Shop” timed to the theatrical release that allows Marvel fans to personalize a variety of items that feature their favorite characters from the film.
Highlights from the product line include:
Figures, Vehicles & Playsets:
- Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Avengers Headquarters Playset by Hasbro ($19.99/playset)
- Marvel Titan Tech Electronic Figure Assortment by Hasbro ($19.99 each)
- Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron The Hulk Buster Smash building set by LEGO ($29.99)
- Marvel Character Car Assortment by Hot Wheels ($3.49 each)
- Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Pop! Vinyl Bobbleheads by Funko ($10.00 each)
- Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Ride-On by Dynacraft ($299.99)
Costumes & Role-Play:
- Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Feature Role Play by Hasbro ($19.99 each)
- Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Costumes by Disney Store ($49.95-59.95 each)
- Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Costumes by Amscan ($19.99-29.99 each)
Adult, Teen & Children’s Apparel:
- Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Fleece Hoodies by Disney Store ($32.95 each)
- Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Alter Ego Apparel by Under Armour ($59.99 each)
- Marvel’s Avengers Fashion Collection by Her Universe ($44.50-64.50 each)
- Marvel’s Avengers Men’s Apparel by FiveFour (Monthly Subscription)
- Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Headphones by iHome ($14.99-24.99)
- Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Zip-Up Stationary Kit by Disney Store ($16.95)
- Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Bedding by Jay Franco ($19.00-29.99)
- Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron: The Junior Novel by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers ($6.99 each)
- Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron: Avengers Save the Day by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers ($4.99 each)
- Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron audio-enhanced eBooks by Marvel Press ($4.99 each)
- Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron: The Art of the Movie Slipcase ($49.99)
- Marvel’s Avengers: Rage of Ultron by Marvel Comics ($24.99)
- Marvel’s The Avengers: Age of Ultron Prelude ($16.99)
About Marvel Entertainment, LLC
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world’s most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of more than 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy-five years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing. For more information, visit marvel.com.© 2015 MARVEL
About Disney Consumer Products
Disney Consumer Products (DCP) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that delivers innovative and engaging product experiences across thousands of categories from toys and apparel to books and fine art. As the world’s largest licensor, DCP inspires the imaginations of people around the world by bringing the magic of Disney into consumers’ homes with products they can enjoy year-round. DCP is comprised of three business units: Licensing, Publishing and Disney Store. The Licensing business is aligned around five strategic brand priorities: Disney Media, Classics & Entertainment, Disney & Pixar Animation Studios, Disney Princess & Disney Fairies, Lucasfilm and Marvel. Disney Publishing Worldwide (DPW) is the world’s largest publisher of children’s books, magazines, and apps, igniting imagination through storytelling in ever-inventive ways. DPW creates and publishes books, magazines, eBooks and apps both vertically in-house and through an extensive worldwide licensing structure. DPW is also committed to the educational development of children around the world through Disney Learning, which includes our flagship learning brand, Disney Imagicademy, as well as Disney English and other Disney-themed learning products. The Disney Store retail chain operates across North America, Europe and Japan with more than 350 stores worldwide and is known for providing consumers with high-quality, unique products. Disney Store operates ecommerce channels in nine countries, which can be found here. For more information, please visit Disney Consumer Products www.DisneyConsumerProducts.com.
Jeffrey Klein, Brian Reinert
Lauren B. Purnell
Disney Consumer Products
Product Fact Sheet (.pdf)